Michael McMillian Chats About His Fangy Return To True Blood

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Gotta love Tumblr

Fans of True Blood got a surprise during last Sunday's finale when a familiar face showed up. When Jason Stackhouse opened his door, he was greeted by the return of an eager-to-spy-on-his-junk-baby-vampire-in-training Steve Newlin. Michael McMillian who flawlessly portrays Steve on True Blood chats about what he thinks Steve has been up to during his disappearance and how he really feels about Jason. I love this man. Michael is one of us.

As if Jason Stackhouse didn’t suffer enough in the season finale – getting punched by his former best friend and then semi-dumped by his new vampire girlfriend – Bon Temps’ most ab-tastic peace officer also received a surprise visit from the freshly fanged Rev. Steve Newlin. For Michael McMillian, who plays the freshly turned vamp preacher, there are a lot of reasons to show up on Jason’s doorstep.
“It seems really clear to me that Steve was always just as attracted to Jason as his wife was,” McMillian says. “In his eyes, Jason Stackhouse is the guy that Steve really wanted to be. I think he had a really heavy man-crush on him … that might have gone a bit deeper. And I think Steve is more heartbroken that Jason slept with Sarah than he is that Sarah slept with Jason, if you know what I mean.
I have my own theories and ideas of what Steve’s been up to off-screen – and I’m sure the fans do, too – and I’m sure the writers will fill that in. But I think the fact that he’s coming back for Jason is linked to that emotional undercurrent he was feeling in Season 2. I have no idea where the show is headed, but it’s great to be back, even just for a few hours on set.”
I love it!. Can't wait to see more of him next season. Invite him in Jason!

Source