Robbie Rosen - Strawberry Festival Concert


We decided to get together and check out Robbie Rosen's latest appearance last weekend. Unfortunately, the Universe seemed to be against us from the get go. Half our group got stuck in traffic and then got a flat tire along the way. Luckily, due to some technical difficulties, Robbie's set was a half hour late and started just as we arrived. Talk about luck.

Read the rest of our recap here:



I managed to take a few shakey videos that are really more funny than anything else. We had to stand in the back and my group ended up singing louder than he was so if you enjoy bad karaoke with a professional in the background, then these would be for you. When I got there, Robbie was singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow and launching himself into I Want You Back by the Jackson 5. I loved this performance during Hollywood Week so I was pretty stoked.



After a few originals (Make It Through and my fave Ride Of Your Life) Robbie started talking about his famed Elton John performance. Apparently Idol chose the song for him. Sabotage! Okay not really. But I'm still bitter. That song makes me so sad now LOL. But in all seriousness, Robbie slays that song every time. If you want a laugh, you should youtube Jacob Lusk's version. Ahem.

My favorite performance of the day would have to be the surprise Forget You number. Everyone loves that song. A bunch of fans joined him on stage and everyone got into it. His set was over way too fast despite me and my failed attempts to start a wave and an Encore chant for Gravity. Cry Me A River started at one point but was turned off after a few seconds. Tease.



Then it was time for an autograph signing. I wasn't about to put myself in the middle of screaming fangirls so we decided to wait with our roses to watch the next band. The Sliders are awesome and you should totally check them out. They tried a few times to get Robbie on stage with them and were pretty heartbroken to learn he had left before they were done. They joked around that stardom was to blame. It was at this point that a girl around 12 years old ran from the autograph table practically sobbing over her autograph and the fact she had met Robbie. She was followed by two younger boys high fiving for the same reason. Idol fans are the best.

During a few of the fast paced songs, I noticed a darling older lady dancing like no other in the front row. She was really into it. As we were standing and chatting, she came up to us and we complimented her on her moves. Surprise of the day: She told us she was Robbie's Grandma.

Robbie's Grandma has moves ya'll.



We chatted with his dad who has always been the nicest guy ever whenever I've spoken with him. He appreciates all of you that come out. He's awesome and some other Idol Dads should take note. Just sayin.

Then his Grandma hooked us up for a group picture so we could give him the roses. My only regret was how loud the music was. We couldn't properly hold a conversation and we weren't able to tease him for not taking our song requests :P. He was just as giggly as ever so at this point I will now campaign for a David Archuleta/Robbie Rosen tour: Battle of the Giggles. It will sell out in minutes I'm telling you.

I got a fantastic picture of Robbie's elbow:

Since my videos are awful, this kid took video of the entire concert. I don't know who are but thank you MeMattandFlip




It was a great day! We look forward to his appearances in the future.