Jorge Posada Appreciation Post


We love you. You inspired the fans like never before this season. The odds were against you but you came back to kick some ass and prove exactly why you belong on the field. I never had a doubt you could. You never gave up and worked harder than ever. I can't contemplate the idea of you being in any other uniform. What would make me feel worse is if you didn't know how much the fans love you. If I could, I would go to wherever you are at this moment and give you the biggest hug I could muster. I hope I get to meet you one day so I can say this to your face.

Thank you for the last 17 seasons. Don't give up. Keep kickin' ass. Whatever decision you make, please continue to hang out with Andy Pettitte and be Silver Foxes together. We love you Jorgie.

Video of Jorge's exit interview from yesterday's game:







MLB Tonight on Jorge Posada

(Source: mlbnetwork.com)



 He’s like a brother to me. I don’t know what the future holds. It’s not something we’ve talked about.
Derek Jeter on Jorge Posada

I think that at the end he was start getting into it and enjoying it. I feel for him because he went through tough times this year and he hung in there. At the end he shined like a star, like the star that he is. Besides that, if he comes back, we will wear the same uniform again. If he doesn’t, I will wish him the best. I will love him no matter what. My love for him is unconditional.
Mariano Rivera on Jorge Posada





Image and video hosting by TinyPic