Review: "By My Side" - Nick de la Hoyde


Fresh out of Sydney, Australia, Nick de la Hoyde is an artist you all need to keep an eye out. That's because he's different than all the other musicians out today. Not only can he sing and write well, but he's also quite the rapper. Check out our review of his lead single, "By My Side", off de la Hoyde's EP "Passion" below:

From the second "By My Side" starts, it is clear that de la Hoyde has an extreme amount of vocal talent. His voice has this unique pop rock sound to it, which makes him perfect for radio success today. Besides his fantastic singing chops, de la Hoyde also knows how to write catchy hooks. After one listen to "By My Side", I couldn't get this song out of my head.

Of course no review of "By My Side" is complete without mentioning how well de la Hoyde raps. His rap skills are on point, and even remind me a bit of the Gym Class Heroes or Fort Minor. In fact, one of my favorite lyrics in this song is when he raps, "I never been about a fame, been about a lifestyle, been about a game, I been about a large smile i wanna put it on everybody’s faces, I wanna see them smile back when the bass hits.” With lyrics like this, you can just tell that de la Hoyde isn't making music for the fame or fortune that is waiting down the road. Instead, it's because he has a passion for this and it's what he loves to do.

It's clear that de la Hoyde has a bright future ahead of him, as artists like him are hard to find nowadays. He is definitely and up-and-comer that I will be keeping a close watch on.

Check out de la Hoyde’s single, “By My Side” here and let me know what you think!