True Blood Season Finale Spoilers - 5x12 Save Yourself - Recap


Because my brain hasn't quite comprehended the INSANE events of tonight's True Blood season finale, the recap isn't quite happening. However, here are the biggest spoilers of the night that everyone will be talking about tomorrow.

Who lived, who died, and who made out in the season finale of True Blood: Save Yourself:

Let's start with a body count shall we?

  • Jason basically shoots every one in The Authority except Bill. 
  • Sam kills the red headed Sharon Osbourne lookin' lady (Rosalyn) while Luna shapeshifts into Steve to get Emma. 
  • Shapeshifting into a human one more time may have been too much for Luna. Her fate isn't looking great.
  • Russell Edgington was killed in the first 30 seconds when Eric appeared out of nowhere to stake him. It was really quick and kind of lame for such a powerful and fan favorite character. 
  • Maurella has four faerie babies and has a good time doing it. Then she says "peace out" to Andy to raise her litter. Then Holly calls him a dick.
  • Alcide kills JD after taking some V. I don't really care.
  • Steve's fate had me confused for a moment. I thought Luna had to kill him to shift into him but then I remember everyone has morphed into Sam at some point. Praise his light! I'm hoping he'll be back next season. Give the fans what they want HBO.
  • Salome. Bill laces some blood with silver and encourages Salome that she is the chosen one. Then he stakes her. This action sets into motion the crazy ending everyone will be talking about:
But before that...

Tara rescues Pam and then they MAKE OUT. Huzzah!

And I'm sure you're wondering about the massive cliffhanger we always get come season finale time. Well, this one is a doozy.

BILL DIES.

Bill drinks all of Lillith's blood and then DIES.

Okay. Let's back up. Did HBO just pull a Boardwalk Empire and kill off the leading man? Well it certainly looks like it. And just as I'm sitting in my chair chanting "WTF WTF" with my hands on my face like I'm Macaulay Culkin on the cover of Home Alone...Bill rises up from his puddle of goo and roars like a lion.

Say it with me. WTF??