Comic-Con 2011 - Darren Criss Q&A


Darren Criss is getting ready for Comic-Con 2011! Will you be going?
From sleeping in his car at his first Comic-Con to being in a panelist for "A Very Potter Musical," the actor shares his memories and tips for the annual pop culture confab.
Check out the interview:

Source

Darren Criss
Geek Cred: Glee, A Very Potter Musical
Comic-Con panel: Glee, Sunday, July 24, 10 a.m. in Hall H
 
THR: What stands out from your first Comic-Con experience?
Criss:
In high school, I’d always wanted to go and kept missing it. I’m a big fanboy and every year it’s become more of a big deal. When I first moved to L.A. about three years ago, I finally got to go. Someone had an extra pass and my friend and I drove down -- without a hotel to stay in. We found a magical parking spot Friday at the one spot with no meter in all of San Diego. We lived out of the car all weekend. We slept outside in line for the Lost panel and were basically homeless for the weekend.
 
THR: Last year you were part of a Harry Potter fan panel representing A Very Potter Musical.
Criss:
I was worried nobody would come to the panel because it was at the same time as the Glee panel. To go back this year, if they do have me on the panel for Glee, it’ll be coming full circle.
 
THR: Any plans to do a Harry Potter panel this year in addition to possibly Glee?
Criss:
I’d love to do something with my theater company Star Kids.

THR: What’s your favorite Comic-Con memory?
Criss:
My first Comic-Con I drove directly from a call-back in L.A. for Eastwick and when I got there, I thought it would be funny to go to the Eastwick panel since I was still in wardrobe from the call-back and had my Eastwick pass on me. I saw Rebecca Romijn and told her I'd auditioned as I was getting the pass signed. I ended up working on the show and forever after, Romijn referred to me as the “kid from Comic-Con.” I always have these wonderful serendipities during Comic-Con.
 
THR: Who would be on your dream panel?
Criss: Harrison Ford, Christopher Walken, Guillermo del Toro, Bruce Lee
even though he’s no longer with us, Gandhi, Jesus Christ of Nazareth and John Lennon.
 
THR: If you were to attend in costume, what would you be?
Criss:
A Final Fantasy character. If I went with a big enough group, we could all be characters from Street Fighter.
 
THR: What tips do you have for Comic-Con first-timers?
Criss:
Bring a phone charger with you because Comic-Con is a black hole of everybody on Twitter and online and your phone battery will die in two seconds and if you’re separated from your friends, you will not find them.