Nick Swisher Is Leaving The Yankees


Arguably one of those most charismatic and fan favorites of the Yankees, Nick Swisher, has decided to leave the New York team for a four year, 56 million dollar deal with the Cleveland Indians. His departure was apparently expected, just not by me. I'm a bit shocked at his departure and I feel like we just lost what little energy the team had left. Alex Rodriguez is going to miss half the season due to hip surgery and Yankee captain Derek Jeter is recovered from a fractured ankle. It was also announced recently that Raul Ibanez, the home run king of the post season, would also be leaving for a 1 year deal with the Seattle Mariners.

Will you miss Raul and Nick?

I'm really hoping for a better year this season. My Yankees need to get it together before I grab a summertime outdoor cushion to watch a game with a bunch of disappointed fans.