Seth Meyers Confirmed to Replace Jimmy Fallon


Well, it's official. Following the announcement that Jimmy Fallon would be replacing Jay Leno on The Tonight Show, the news of who would be replacing Jimmy in his late night timeslot began circulating. Seth Meyers has officially been named to take over Jimmy Fallon's late night show at 12:35 on NBC. With his time now being pretty taken up over his new late night duties, who will be taking over as head writer of Saturday Night Live?

What do you think of this news? I don't know how much I like the idea. Sometimes Seth comes across like he thinks his own jokes are hilarious and he doesn't have a genuine quality like Jimmy does.

Check out their statements here:


“We think Seth is one of the brightest, most insightful comedy writers and performers of his generation,” said NBC entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt. “His years at SNL‘s Weekend Update desk, not to mention being head writer of the show for many seasons, helped him hone a topical brand of comedy that is perfect for the Late Night franchise.”

“I only have to work for Lorne for five more years before I pay him back for the time I totaled his car,” Meyers said, “12:30 on NBC has long been incredible real estate. I hope I can do it justice.”

Does this mean the jokes on SNL are going to get better? And what about Weekend Update? Will Stefon be lonely without his buddy? I think the lineup of SNL is going to look a lot different next season. I'm not ready for Bill Hader to leave. Seth better get himself a good accountant or cpa like raleigh cpa because not only is his schedule going to change but with this new gig at NBC, his bank account is going to be looking good.

Source