Bill Hader Leaves Saturday Night Live: Stefon's Farewell - Video


I think it says a lot about my strength that I'm able to get over my Post-Bill Hader Leaving SNL depression enough to wipe away my tears and make this post. I love Bill Hader. He was easily my favorite cast member of Saturday Night Live in a long time. I had been prepared to say goodbye to other cast members like Jason Sudeikis, Seth Meyers, and possibly Nasim Pedrad, but Bill's announcement of his departure from the show took me a bit off guard. Perhaps I was in denial. I know he'll go off to do amazing things but I will forever be bitter I didn't have the opportunity to camp out and see him live, on stage.

Last night's finale served more as a farewell to him and his buddies than a showcase of Ben Affleck. In fact, I barely remember him hosting. Last night, it was all about Stefon and Seth. And if their happily ever after didn't do it for you, maybe the touching musical number at the end that seemingly revealed both Jason and Fred Armisen were also leaving the show. Personally, when the cast, minus Kanye, all shed some tears as NBC finally showed the group hugs and goodbyes, was when I truly shed tears of my own.

Check out the video of Stefon's farewell, featuring cameos by Anderson Cooper and every weird club goer Stefon warned us about throughout the years, and Fred's musical goodbye here: