NBC Officially Cancels 'Smash'


It's not exactly a surprise but the news we all expected has finally arrived. NBC has officially canceled their musical series Smash after two seasons. Even if the show was a mess lately, I'm going to be sad to see it go. The cast, well most of it, was so wonderful. I loved seeing them together. I haven't been able to catch up with the show since the network moved it to Saturday nights so I can't comment on how much of a mess the second season spiraled into.

What a lovely present NBC is presenting us unceremoniously in burlap gift bags and wrapped with a bow. But again, I will miss the cast. And hey, it's not like this show is any worse than Glee with, incidentally, has become unwatchable. Smash will conclude the sophomore run with the series finale on a special night. The episode will air Sunday, May 26th.

Will you miss the show? I'm not sure if I mentioned, but I'm really going to miss the cast. And Anjelica Huston's hair.