JK Rowling Considers Writing Harry Potter Prequel


Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Harry Potter fans around the world freaking out. JK Rowling admitted in an interview with the BBC that she wishes she could have had more time with the Potter books and has been considering a director's cut of stories or even, wait for it, a prequel.
The 47-year-old author added that, while "where Harry's story is concerned, I'm done," she was considering a new story set in the same Potter universe.
"But ... if I did have a great idea for something else, I probably would do it. I am very averse to the prequel-sequel idea. A sidestep could maybe ... well, we'll see."
I don't think there are words to describe exactly how much I want this to happen. There are so many stories left to tell about a ton of characters. This woman and her genius mind created a whole world for fans to enjoy. Don't forget to pick up her new book coming out this week: The Casual Vacancy.