Review: Harry Potter: The Exhibition


Celebrate today with a little magic! Harry Potter: The Exhibition is back in New York City and fans of the iconic series can now experience the magic like never before. At Discovery Times Square and with over 200 props and costumes from the Harry Potter films and set displays, there's plenty to see for fans of all ages. But hurry! Time is running out to enjoy the thrills of feeling like you're a part of the magical series. The exhibition is scheduled to close on April 7th. Be sure to get your tickets here!

I recently had the opportunity to see the exhibition for myself and it was amazing! Check out my review of what I loved the most and all the sights and sounds of the magical exhibition.




From the moment we got in line, the excitement started to build. Posters from each movie lined the walls and fans had the opportunity to take a photo with a green screen and become a part of the magic themselves. I may have gotten a picture in front of the Hogwarts express...which was right beyond the door! Guests walk in and are greeted with a welcoming presentation. Kids can even get a chance to try on The Sorting Hat.

We were then greeted by a room full of video screens playing scenes from the movies set to music. I got goosebumps and chills when Lord Voldemort had a montage.

Then the doors opened. When the smoke cleared, the magic began.






Fans could see outfits worn by the cast and the props used in the films. What I learned is that all the women in the movies are super tiny!





Heads up if you're afraid of clowns because that giant clown from Prisoner of Azkaban has its own display next to the wardrobe.









My favorite things to see were actually the things to do. I was able to actually sit in Hagrid's chair:






I was able to pull up my own mandrake! Sure, I didn't have earmuffs but I didn't pass out so it was all good.

Then I was able to pick up a quaffle and toss it through the golden hoops. I'm proud to say I scored some points.


I loved being able to see the creatures from the films. From the Hogwarts Express to The Great Hall. From Buckbeak and Firenze to Aragog and a dragon. There was so much to see!





Once we hit The Great Hall, it made me wish I could buy a Butterbeer somewhere after viewing the candy selection. The good news was, once we made our way to the end of the exhibition, there was a great gift shop available with Harry Potter related merchandise and I was able to get myself a chocolate frog.


All in all, the exhibition is a great idea for any fan of the Harry Potter series. If you can't make it to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, this is a close second.

Check out the top 20 things to do and see at the exhibition here