Jim Caviezel and Laura Dern to Star in 'When the Game Stands Tall'


This casting decision sounds like it was made specifically to make me freak out and clap my hands together with glee. Jim Caviezel is set to star alongside Laura Dern in the upcoming football drama When the Game Stands Tall. Jim will be playing De La Salle High School football Coach Bob Ladouceur with Laura playing the role of his wife (Ahh!). Michael Chiklis will also star in the movie as well as Alexander Ludwig of The Hunger Games.

The movie is set to begin production on April 22nd according to THR. This makes me very excited. I'm happy that Jim is using his break from his starring role on Person of Interest to pursue other projects and I'm thrilled to see Laura Dern in another movie. But I can't help but wonder. How is her schedule looking otherwise? Might there be some room for her to film a part for Jurassic Park 4? Someone get Steven Spielberg on the phone.