Make It Or Break It - Season 3 Premiere - Smells Like Winner - Recap


I can't find the words to describe how excited I am for Make It Or Break It to be back. Even better than that? The season premiere was awesome! It has a spiffy new opening too! There's something very dramatic and Olympic-y about it. I love it.


Smells Like Winner has the girls embarking on an eight week Olympic boot camp. They have a new hard ass coach to deal with. He doesn't like our girls and he's rude to Sasha. Therefor, I don't like him. I'm so happy we got to see a little of Neil Jackson in the episode. I know he's pretty busy these days. He and his accent were hypnotizing as always. My only critique is how unnecessary his shirt was. But I digress.

There are some new gymnasts for us to enjoy. A new, uninvited gymnast camps outside the gym begging Coach Mcintire to let her join the team. She's amazing but has one serious attitude problem. But she has a rabbit. So. I guess it's okay. There's also a new, younger gymnast who is kind of annoying and perky.

Austin is still around of course. I've really grown to like him. I consider him the voice of the fans. He always seems to be saying what I'm thinking. And ya know. He's hot. I kind of want Michael Shannon to appear randomly to play his father.

He's still with Kaylie and their Golden Couple status is blooming. Payson isn't having much luck in the relationship department. Unfortunately, Joshua Bowman is off on Revenge so Max went and broke up with Payson in a letter. Ahh I can't watch Payson cry! My girl crush :(. Is anyone else going to miss her scenes with Sasha? But LOL at Austin telling Payson that Max is Bi and that he kissed him too. I was really looking forward to that storyline but this moment might have made it worth it.

Lauren stole Payson's letter to read it first. She's still evil this season I see. Is Karma getting to her? Looks like Lauren is sick with some mystery illness. The nutritionist thinks she should just stop skipping meals. Lauren continues to have dizzy spells and starts passing out all over the place. What's wrong with Lauren??

I don't know what it is but this episode is just such a breath of fresh air. I feel like Jordan is the new Emily minus the whining about her awesome mother. I feel like the girls' real life friendship just shines right through in this episode. They just seem so happy to be together and it makes me happy to watch it. I love this episode.

Until their new coach makes them burn their Rock jackets. I'm getting some major Mighty Ducks 3 flashbacks here.