American Idol Season 11: And Then There Were Eight


Wow, American Idol eliminated one more contestant last night, leaving eight finalists to battle for the title. Time is surely flying by. Doesn't it feel like the judges were just beginning their rounds of auditions? I think this is one of the first years though that I honestly don't have a favorite. There's a couple really standout contestants for me though. Phillip Phillips and Colton Dixon are both so great this season (and they are definitely easy on the eyes which is always a plus!). I have to admit I was a bit bummed when Heejun Han left last night. While I might not have voted for him, he was such a character with all his funny jokes. There's no doubt he made the show entertaining. Also, I guess this means we won't have any more bromance moments between him and Phillip Phillips to look forward to. Honestly, who doesn't love a good bromance?! Le sigh. How could I forget, we even got to catch a glimpse of the new Idol mansion in last night's episode. They are definitely living the life of luxury, that place is huge! There's a movie theater and dance floor built into their new pad?! Crazy!! Talk about lounging poolside, there's even a bed positioned right next to the swimming pool! The only thing missing from that is some pool fences built in to keep everyone safe! Oh well. Lucky contestants! Who is your favorite this season? What do you want to see the contestants sing? Who do you want to go home? Sound off below!