John Mayer vs. Taylor Swift

Written by Regan Brown

When it comes to Taylor Swift or anything having to do with “22” singer, I just can’t stay away!  Maybe it’s because I’ve followed her music since she first hit the scene.  Or maybe it’s because knowing that she has such short-lived romances makes me feel a little bit better about myself.  I know, I know, that’s not nice, but it’s the truth!!

What’s the latest gossip?  Glad you asked! 

 John Mayor hit the TODAY show on July 5, to perform live and of course, during his interview, he was asked to address the rumor(s) if whether or not his song, “Paper Doll’ was about the “I Knew You Were Trouble” singer or not (they didn’t mention her name, but you knew they were talking about Swift), in which Mayer replied, “Yeah, songwriters write songs because of people, about people.”

If you’ve been following Swift’s love life just as much as I have then you already know that she and Mayor dated back in 2009.  In 2010, Swift’s album, Speak Now came out, which included a track entitled, “Dear John”, which was clearly about Mayer.  And the “Paper Doll” singer was NOT thrilled about that.

Source: Usmagazine