Genesis - Grimes

Written by Adriana Morales

Grimes is an interesting character, to say the least. At first glance, she looks like your typical, sweet-faced, popstar. Listen to just one track of hers and you will throw any and all assumptions about this petite lady out the window. My first introduction to Grimes was by discovering her music video to "Vanesa" on YouTube. Although the music video below, "Genesis", is not her latest, it was recently added to Vevo which is a nice achievement for her.

I got the notification of a new upload in my inbox and although I've seen it before, I couldn't help but watch it again. Her voice is so light, sweet, and mystical. That plus her musical choices can draw you in, or at least they drew me in. I can't really describe Grimes in a simple way because she doesn't seem as simple as she might look. She seems sort of mysterious even while her honey-like voice creeps into your ears and her doe eyes stare at you from a screen; all while emitting a darkness about her that is hard to explain but easy to see.


Source: GrimesVEVO